Saturday, August 2, 2014

WSPC'S SESSION NOTES FOR AUGUST 2014

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:

And so, life has whirled me around once again.

This past month found my spirit soaring higher and then descending deeper than normal due to two most specific events: my real world return to the airwaves via WSUM/WLHA and the sudden, surprising passing of my Grandfather, only six months after the passing of my Grandmother. Through everything, music has remained to keep me company, to lift me, to raise me, to console me, to distract me, to envelop me, and to love me.

Music never fails. I really believe that. Whether bringing people together in reunions joyous or sorrowful, music never fails. From the music of the radio station to the sounds of a choir during a funeral, to the songs of one's past serving as connective tissue to the present, music is there to receive us if we choose to be embraced by it.

I am currently writing a posting about R.E.M. and how I have been re-connecting to their music over the last few months as somehow my past, present and the season of Summer itself have all congealed to take me on this specific journey and I am thinking that music always performs the same feats for you. Why do we choose to listen to what we listen to? What drives us to return to certain music at certain times? It's all so elusive and completely tangible. We go to where we belong...

It's time for a new month filled with music old and new and I hope that you stay tuned into this station. And as always...

...PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment