Thursday, April 11, 2013

WELCOME TO SYNESTHESIA

Throughout the entirety of my life, I have been blessed with a most curious condition.

Without any sense of reason, understanding or even control, I have been blissfully afflicted with the condition known as "Synesthesia," the ability to experience the visualization of colors when listening to music. I cannot really begin to explain to you how it occurs other than when I listen to music-generally-it just happens. I hear a song and colors swirl within my third eye or mind's eye of wherever it is that I am able to "see" colorful visions to accompany the music that I am listening to and experiencing. Some songs just sound like "red" to me. Others are "green," "blue," or "brown." Others are starkly blank while some are awash with every hue that you could imagine.

I assumed that when absolutely anyone listened to music, people shared this exact same experience and it was truly a surprise to learn that not everyone does. And now, I invite you to "SYNESTHESIA," a companion blogsite to "SAVAGE CINEMA." Where that site is completely devoted to writings about the art and artistry of the movies, this brand new site will be entirely devoted to the art and artistry of music, a lifelong passion that I adore even ore than the cinema. That admission may be of a big surprise to some of you considering how passionate I feel about the movies. But, truth be told, I do not watch movies every day. Or even every week. By contrasts, I listen to music every single day of my life and I cannot even begin to imagine my life without it. Furthermore, it just pains me to think that I won't even have enough life to listen to absolutely everything that my spirit wishes to hear and believe me, I want to hear it all.

While my full conception for SYNESTHESIA is presently hazy, I do wish to inform you that my commitment is to try and make it every bit as fulfilling, fun and as inclusive a virtual homebase as SAVAGE CINEMA has been. I will write about the albums I am currently listening to as well as the artists I love and cherish. Try not to think of these postings as "reviews," but more as the wide eyed and open hearted ravings and musings of a music fanatic who just wants to you to experience the same colors that he feels when he listens.

This is a journey of sound through words and I hope that you will enjoy travelling with me.

Plug in or grab your sticks. Place the needle into the groove or just press play. But do sing and play along...

No comments:

Post a Comment