Friday, July 3, 2020

SYNESTHESIA'S SESSION NOTES JULY 2020


FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:
Is it really July?

Like you, the entire concept of time being an illusion becoming an especially powerful reality has not been lost upon any of you. I am unable to wrap my head around that half of 2020 is mercilessly over and expunged into the cosmic dustbin. But even so, everything that has been plaguing us--even literally--has only remained steadfast, making it feel as if no time has passed at all, with only the weather and seasons truly being our real evidence to the contrary.  

It is a dark world out there, folks. It feels darker than ever--to utilize a Todd Rundgren lyric from his song "Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel"..."Someone said the world's going to end and I think it's true/I thought there was some love in the world but I guess I'm wrong..."

I wish to be wrong about both of those sentiments but I am finding it very difficult to keep having hope. For every moment that feels like a possible step forwards, there is another moment that knocks me ten steps backwards. 

Yet, today, on July 3rd, I was home. In quiet and peace and relative solitude and...music. 

I listened to two episodes of a Flaming Lips podcast. I recorded more episodes of Savage Radio as my work schedule is still fluctuating to the point when I do not know precisely when I can return to the studio, which is soon to re-open for live broadcasts. I have been rejoicing to a newly released song by Disq and the anticipation of the, at long last, super deluxe remastered release of Prince's "Sign O' The Times" album this fall. My musician friends in both Slow Pulp and Squarewave have clued me in to what is in the works for each of them. And the new Paul Weller album is on its way in the mail to me thanks to Steve Manley and his B-Side Records

Once again, music heals and is sustaining, keeping me safe and sound and whole so I am again able to live, fight and love another day in this dark, cold world, made warmer by music and the connections we share with it and each other.

Stay safe, everyone. Wear your masks. Wash your hands. And as always...PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment