Wednesday, April 1, 2020

SYNESTHESIA'S SESSION NOTES APRIL 2020

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:
Sort of...

I am writing to you from my home base, practicing proper amounts of social distancing at this unprecedented time, a time that has sadly but rightfully ceased my travels to the WVMO studio for my weekly Savage Radio programs. I felt the time would probably arrive, but hoped against it, or at least, hoped that it wold arrive later than it actually did. 

As of this writing, it has been two weeks straight since I have been in the studio creating new programs and yes, it is quite heartbreaking. But let's be real. My radio show is an extremely small thing to let go of for the greater good of doing my part to remain at home as much as possible in order to help keep society that much safer. In the interim, I have been working with the higher ups at WVMO to hand pick previously recorded shows to run in the time slot and I am also beginning to investigate just how one can record from home--just like quite a number of the WVMO show hosts tend to do anyway. 

But yes..this is a strange, extremely stressful time for your typically  happy, humble DJ, who is now filled with all of the anxieties that I can imagine you are undertaking yourselves. 

This means that the music we love is more important than it has ever been, as it is a connective, healing tissue that binds us all together--especially in times of crisis...even a global pandemic of which the future is painfully unknown. We may not be able to go to concerts but the sheer amount of footage that I have been seeing on-line from local musicians, long established musicians to regular everyday people at home all uploading videos of themselves performing in their personal space and then sharing to the world has been just beautiful to behold, as sometimes music will reach us and help us in places and ways that words fail. 

As for Synesthesia, I have a lot of content swimming inside of my brain just waiting to get out and find all of you, from new album reviews to continuing to explore the music I loved from 2019. That is more than enough to keep me busy for some time. With Savage Radio, I will keep you updated either here or on the show's Facebook page as I continue to hope to return to the studio seat sooner rather than later. 

Stay strong, dear listeners. Stay strong, for I am here for you and I would think that you are here for me. As I say at the end of every broadcast, take care of yourselves, take care of each other...

...Keep listening to music and always...PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment