Sunday, December 1, 2019

SYNESTHESIA'S SESSION NOTES DECEMBER 2019

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK: 
There is just so much that I wish to write to you about!!! So much!!

If you have been regular visitors to this blogsite, you already know that 2019 has been an especially turbulent year for me, a turbulence that has disrupted my activities here on Synesthesia more than I would like, to say the least. In fact, I think that for years, and even during the first few months of this year, I did have a fairly steady routine. But this summer happened, the details of which I'd rather not revisit, and it all derailed my momentum considerably.

So much I could have written about for myself and for you, to really give my musical year a full representation to be housed for prosperity. Seeing Reignwolf's blitzkrieg of a performance at Madison, WI's Majestic Theater at the end of May was an event I never wrote about. Nor was the surprise of my year, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see none other than PAUL McCARTNEY
at the Kohl Center deep in the heart of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus this past June written about either.

I read Todd Rundgren's The Individualist, his innovative, enlightening memoir as well as Ben Folds' excellent memoir A Dream About Lightning Bugs and neither of which were detailed for you. I am currently reading Prince's posthumous memoir The Beautiful Ones and you know, I wish to unveil my thoughts about that one to you.

And then, the legion of albums I experienced all year long.

I mention these hefty omissions to you because we now find ourselves at the end of the year and all of the year-end lists will soon be making their arrivals. And even then, there are the Best Of The Decade lists that have already appeared and will continue to do so...which means I also need to get myself to compiling!

So, what does this all mean? My plan is to TRY and begin compiling my musical year beginning with the albums. I think if I write just a little bit each day or so, I can hopefully have something to share soon.

And with that, I should sign off if I am to get cracking on this. I'll get my music and you get yours and let's all remember to...PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment