Sunday, September 15, 2019

SYNESTHESIA'S SESSION NOTES SEPTEMBER 2019

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:
Summer is over. Mercifully over.

As you all know from past postings, these last few months and truthfully, this last year has not been a time an especially glorious time in the life of your happy, humble DJ. There is no need to rehash all of the tribulations faced but I can tell you that after this difficult Summer season, I am more than ready to try and shed some skin, so to speak. To try and begin to emerge from this period, get my head above ground--at least a little bit--in order to figure out how to not only keep placing one foot in front of the other but to do so with a greater sense of inner security.

For some or perhaps even many of you, Autumn is a time when spirits tend to begin to slide downwards as the notions of earlier and earlier sunsets and the arrival of Winter darken moods considerably.

While I am no fan of Winter per se, the arrival of Autumn for me, always feels like a time of reflection and renewal. In a way, Autumn feels like one long exhale after the excitement and intensity of Summer. Maybe it has to do with the school calendar as the new school year begins and that flurry of possibility fills the air. For me, Autumn suggests a sparkling beauty with the falling of the leaves, the rising, refreshing chill in the air and the earlier, darkening skies. I feel as if I can breathe properly again.

Autumn's sense of renewal also arrives with the new music of the season. Yes, new music is released throughout the year but for some reason, once September arrives, I tend to grow more excited about what is yet to arrive into the world than in any other time of the year generally. I hope to allow the new music to help me with moving forwards. I hope to allow the new music to find me, surround me, envelop me and lift me as always.

And may it do the same for you. Truthfully, Sincerely. Autumn does not mean endings...or at least, it doesn't have to. Let the music bring you the sense of the new.

Once you find it or when it finds you...PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment