Sunday, November 4, 2018

SYNESTHESIA'S SESSION NOTES FOR NOVEMBER 2018: THANK YOU

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:
I am thankful. More thankful than I believe that I am able to fully express to you...but do take me at my written words.

I am thankful.

Beginning this week, Savage Radio will reach the first of two milestones. On Wednesday, November 7th, the show will reach its 150th episode, something I am just truly wrapping my head around because I do indeed find it hard to conceptualize that I left my home 150 times to go to the WVMO studios to broadcast the show for all of you. 150 times I thought about and cultivated themes and songs from my personal collection to weave into radio broadcasts from me to you. It boggles my mind whenever I think of that number and yet it is so true and so real.

It really happened.

On Wednesday, November 14th, Savage Radio will celebrate its 3rd birthday!!! Yes indeed, Savage Radio first hit the WVMO airwaves on November 11, 2015 and here it is, three years later, all in a flash, all in a blink of an eye. Another numerical value that feels so hard to believe but indeed it is real and true and it all happened.

And again, I am thankful.

As I am more than certain that I have expressed to you in the past, I feel compelled to do so again. For as much as I loved every moment of being a DJ during my college years for WLHA FM at the University Of Wisconsin-Madison, I can say that now, at this point in time, I deeply appreciate being a DJ more than I ever have for the simple fact that in life there are no guarantees, especially with any hopes of being able to return to the airwaves.

Thank you to everyone at WVMO for allowing me to join your ranks and become just a piece of the puzzle that has made us an award winning station so early in our young life.

Thank you to all of the local Madison, WI based bands and artists--Dash Hounds, Post Social, Skyline Sounds, Wood Chickens, Disq, Anna Wang, Trophy Dad, Slow Pulp, Gentle Brontosaurus and Kainalu--for allowing me to be a host and advocate for you and all of your music. If I was at all able to be just one more person to be able to give your music a push, then I am happy and will continue to do so in less than a heartbeat.

Thank you to DJ Nightway, host of WSUM FM's "The Mixtape," as we have forged a healthy friendship through mutual respect and musical geekdom, leading to special guest appearances that have proven to be absolutely sparkling solely due to her radiant presence and impeccable musical taste.

And of course, without question, THANK YOU to YOU, the listeners!!! For the regulars and to anyone who has just taken the time to hear even one show, I am thankful because in this world of endlessly increasing distractions, for anyone to choose to turn on their radios and invite me into your lives is truly a gift and a blessing and I am humbled to have earned your attention in this fashion.

I do not take any of this for granted whatsoever as it all could end at any time such is the nature of radio and for that matter, life itself. So for as long as I am able to have this privilege, I will cherish and treasure it properly, ensuring that I am delivering my very best to all of you each week and hopefully, I can still be able to write Thank You messages years from now.

And if that comes to pass, I will only be more thankful.

Please tune in...and if you do, remember to PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment