Friday, August 3, 2018

WSPC'S SESSION NOTES AUGUST 2018: IN TRIBUTE

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:
If Synesthesia is anything at all, it is a place of tribute. A tribute to all of the musical artists that have shaped my life throughout the entirety of my life and of course, most importantly, a place to give gratitude to the art form of music itself.

My hopes and dreams for this month's activities is to deliver two specific tributes in particular, one of which would exist in the form of an extended album exploration and the other, a posting that has been inside of me ever since I began this blogsite: a celebration of one of my most favorite bands. 

I suppose what has truly prompted me is the fact that I simply believe that as adults in an adult world, and one that has become as precarious as it is right now due to the horrific divisiveness within the entirety of our social/political discourse and racial unrest, we are all undergoing various stages and phases of anxiety in which we simply are not being told that we are appreciated and loved. Because of that, we are experiencing a sense of emotional and possibly, spiritual decay for we need to know that our respective places in the world mean anything to anyone and why should those feelings be uttered solely as eulogies?

I just wish for this month to offer a modicum of a correction as I wish to reach outwards, say some words and who knows...maybe a heart and spirit would be touched somewhere. No harm in trying right?

So...with that, I wish to offer my gratitude to all of you who have ever visited this site to look around and celebrate music with me. Without you, what reason woud there be to even write one word? Take care of yourselves, take care of each other, keep listening and of course, with whatever you are listening to....PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment