Friday, April 28, 2017

IMAGES FROM RECORD STORE DAY APRIL 22, 2017

Maybe it is just meant to be and why not for a day as special as this one.

Dear readers and listeners, for the third year running as I have made an more active point to participate, the 2017 Record Store Day proved itself to be another glorious event on an equally glorious day, as far as the weather was concerned.

Temperatures had that great Springtime crisp in the air as the sun glowed brilliantly down upon Madison. Just as I had done for the previous two years, I made my way to Peace Park right next to State Street, just a mere stone's throw from the mighty B-Side Records. Also as before, I was so happy to witness my friends in Post Social perform live again and this time, I was also very excited to witness a performance by Madison's terrific Skyline Sounds for the first time as their wonderful debut release entitled "Color" (released September 18, 2015), superbly charmed my ears when I first heard it late last year, further amazing me to the significant amount of  priceless talent in the Madison music community.
Peace Park, April 22, 2017

From here, I wish to share with you the sights from another great Record Store Day featuring images of both local bands in action, plus some shots inside B-Side Records where I made some purchases as well as a pit stop I made to Mad City Music Exchange.

POST SOCIAL
Shannon Connor: Guitar, Vocals 
Mitch Deitz: Guitar,  Vocals
Sam Galligan: Bass Guitar
Brendan Manley: Drums
 

B-SIDE RECORDS
 
 

SKYLINE SOUNDS
Zach Guyette: Guitar, Synth
Alyssa Niemiec: Bass Guitar, Vocals
Mike Niemiec: Guitar, Vocals
Dave Zakos:  Drums
 
 

Mad City Music Exchange

As always, I send out my endless gratitude to Steve Manley at B-Side Records, Dave Zero at Mad City Music Exchange, the members of both Post Social and Skyline Sounds, plus all of the clerks and support staff at both stores for making this annual event, and each and every day their doors are open, cherished ones for me and for anyone who loves music, and enjoying the process of searching and discovering while supporting local businesses.

But even so, let's not simply relegate all of this to just one day. Support your local record store EVERY day!!!!
All photos by Scott Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment