Sunday, January 1, 2017

WSPC'S SESSION NOTES JANUARY 2017

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:

Happy New Year to all of you and may all of the music keep us bound together throughout 2017!!

I will indeed try to keep this opening message a tad brief but I do wish to tell all of you how deeply I have appreciated your interest in the activities of this blogsite and my personal passions for music itself, which I have chronicled on this space for several years now.

When I began Synesthesia, I truly had no idea of what a site like this could actually be. But in the past year to year and a half, I think I have finally found a certain comfortable groove, so to speak, as this site has truly grown from being so exclusively about me and building it into a much more collective we, regarding increased postings which revolve around various factions of the Madison music community from its bands, to concert venues, local radio stations and DJs and most certainly, the record stores.

For 2017, I pledge to continue upon this same path as I will still feature postings about new album releases and concerts I've seen to the monthly compilations of albums I'm listening to as well as the playlists that conclude each month's activities. Now if any of you are new visitors to Synesthesia, I should do some quick explaining.

What is WSPC? This is the fantasy radio station that exists inside of my head and heart. I "play" songs by simply linking selections from You Tube to my personal Facebook page and I compile and post the entire list by month's end. WSPC is purely unfiltered, where song lengths and in some cases, language have no barriers. I try to make "sets" that last about 5 songs and if I am really inspired, I may post several times in a day. Or there may be times when I am rarely posting at all. But I do try to remain consistent and truth be told, if you wish to gather just how I am feeling, just look at the songs themselves and you'll have an idea.

What is SAVAGE RADIO? This is a 60 minute radio show in the very real world, which is broadcast weekly upon a real world radio station on which I am the host/DJ and all of the music is handpicked by yours truly and from my personal collection. The station is WVMO 98.7 FM-The Voice Of Monona which you can also experience through LIVE STREAMING at mymonona.com or through downloading the TUNE IN APP top your smartphones, if you happen to own one (I still own a flip phone--they're coming back!). I have been so very blessed to have had this show for over the past year, and it has just been a pleasure and a privilege to carve out a small place within the Madison music community, where I can feature local bands and their albums and EPs plus show some love for those aforementioned record stores and local concert venues as well.

I hope whether through fantasy and real world radio and my writings, you feel included within my musical dream world because all of you are so invited to be a part of it with me, whether you are a musicians or listener. I promise to keep Synesthesia a positive space upon the internet for this site is entirely about the celebration of music. No snarky critiques are allowed just honest, passionate conversation where we all try to be as artful as the very art form we are cherishing.

With all of that being said, let the music guide all of us in this new year...and remember to PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment