Saturday, March 1, 2014

WSPC SESSION NOTES FOR MARCH 2014

FROM THE DJ's STUDIO DESK:

It is time for Synesthesia to receive some well deserved attention.

Due to all of the pre-Academy Award activity that was especially prevalent upon my companion blogsite Savage Cinema, Synesthesia was not able to receive the attention that it deeply needed last month. Now just so you are aware as to how I orchestrate Synesthesia, throughout the entirety of the month, I play songs and selections on the mythical WSPC radio station, which then all flows into the creation of the official playlist which is always posted as the final entry of the month. Additionally, the "On This Day In Music" feature is consistently worked on throughout the month, generally on a daily basis, and by month's end, that is posted as well. Aside from those features, this site did not receive any other material aside from my Zappa Plays Zappa concert experiences, and if that had not occurred, the past month would have been especially scant indeed.

This month, I sincerely hope to remedy this situation on a number of fronts. I would like to share with you my thoughts about the new album from Beck. If I am able, I would also love to feature a posting about some of 2014's newest music from Pixies and Broken Bells, and I also had another posting swimming around my brain concerning some ground breaking film scores that I love to listen to, but we'll see about that as the month tends to fly pas me quicker than I am able to realize.

What I would love to share with you the most this month are postings about two, or possibly three, albums that I hold so very dear to me and were all released in the early months of their respective release years. For now, I will keep those titles secret as I don't wish to promise something that I am unable to deliver but my intent is to try my best and get those out into the world and if you have not heard those albums, to perhaps inspire you to check them out for yourselves.

And so, and even at this very late hour during which I am writing to you, I wish for you to grab your instruments with me. To cue up your vinyl, cassettes, and CDs. To grab your headphones and surround yourself with your most favorite music...

...and as always...PLAY LOUD!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment