Saturday, July 10, 2021

SYNESTHESIA'S SESSION NOTES FOR JULY 2021: WVMO 98.7 FM-THE VOICE OF MONONA

 

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO'S DESK:

Yes, I know. Another month went by without any blog entries from me to you, and again, it was the responsibilities of life that did derail any potential plans I may have had. 

Yet, this time, much of my time away from the actual writing of any new pieces was in actuality spent dealing with the adventures in radio for WVMO. From recording new episodes of Savage Radio, as well as mini shows for both The VMO Show and VMO After Dark but also an unprecedented SPECIAL EDITION of Savage Radio, on which I concluded the annual Black Music Month celebration with a show centered around soul/gospel solo artist and legendary backing vocalist Merry Clayton (an excursion that held a fair amount of research and even scripting), there was not much more room for anything remotely creative. 

But now, a new month and I do have a posting just sitting inside of my  brain just waiting to be written and I hope to tackle that very shortly. Additionally, and most importantly, June was loaded end to end with all manner of terrific new music releases, with special mentions being given to new albums by Sleater-Kinney, the amazing debut by Mammoth WVH, the return of both Liz Phair and Garbage and with what is possibly the best album I have heard this year so far, the new album from Lucy Dacus.  

New month, a young Summer season, the return of live music (even with my Covid anxieties, I am thrilled to see this new reality--let's hope it sticks)...there is still beauty and hope in this dark and uncertain world so please get vaccinated so we can get to the other side for good.

And as always, get your favorite music  and... PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment