Tuesday, January 1, 2019

SYNESTHESIA'S SESSION NOTES JANUARY 2019: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

FROM THE DJ'S STUDIO DESK:

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

Now we that are officially beginning the year 2019, I would like to take some moments to explain the reason for the lack of activity during the last month of 2018. In addition to my work on the companion blogsite Savage Cinema, I took a hiatus as I had been dealing with serious family issues over a 6-8 week period during which I had been traveling back and forth between Madison, WI and Chicago, IL. while also dealing with my real world work/home responsibilities. Even my DJ duties upon WVMO halted for a nearly one month period as my needs for family took precedent over everything else.

On December 9, 2018, my Dad passed away after a very lengthy illness and I am comforted by the fact that not only were his final wishes known and respected, he died peacefully and I was with him at his point of transition. His funeral and burial occurred one week afterwards and my grief and mourning, of course has only continued and will be a part of me for as long as it needs to be.

I know if anything my Dad would be heartbroken if I ceased to engage with life and the pursuits I loved just because I was heartbroken over him. So, with this new year, in a world that has been forever changed for me, I am still here...I still love writing....and I will cherish every musical note in all of its configurations for as long as I have breath in my body...and for a good length of time after that as well.

 I have some ideas for this month and yes, it will remain as busy as ever but I pledge to keep trying, to keep writing and to keep listening.

I know that is what my Dad would want for me.

For all that you listen to...remember to PLAY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment